Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wizard101 Central Banner Contest

Hi everyone, just wanted to make a quick post to tell you the story with my banner.

So the other day (Sunday) was the day that the W101Central banner contest ended. It said 12:00pm EST, without thinking I figured that meant midnight when the date would change to the 24th, as this is how most contests end. Just to make sure, I checked the post on the homepage. It hadn't been marked as closed, so I didn't think anything of it. That night at 7 I put the finishing touches on my banner design and worked really hard to make it look nice. I go to the submission thread, and guess what? It was closed! So I pm'ed Jester and he told me he couldn't accept my submission and that he's had to turn down many others.

Now, if I were running a contest like this, I would value all submissions. I honestly wouldn't care if it was a few hours late. I mean, if it were the next day I'd have to say no, but if it's the same day, then there wouldn't be any hesitation with me accepting it. True, if it was just one person, I might turn them down, but if it was a bunch of people, I'd snatch up those entries in a minute, I mean, it's for the good of my website, why not accept it?


So anyway, I couldn't get Jester to take my work, but here it is. (Yeah I put a watermark on it.)



As usual, you can click to make it bigger. I mean, I think I did a really nice job on it and it would've had a good chance of getting picked, but I guess I just need to hurry to submit net time. So, let me know what you think, and don't forget to enter MY contest. (Yeah, I WILL take entries on the night of the 31st. ;D)


Happy Gaming

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome banner... shame it was late :/. I can see how you may have won! :)

Victoria Spiritblossom said...

That's an excellent banner! But I'm with the contest dude; if it's late, it ain't getting in. I read the rules and it said specifically that late entries would not be accepted. But it's still a cool banner.

1Mudkip88 said...

Thanks guys.
@Arlen, yeah I feel like it would've won.

@Victoria, yeah, now that I think about it I should've payed more attention to the time. (I always got the 12:00am and pm's confused, so I guess that should've been reason to check it closer.) I was just really upset because I worked a long time on it, and I was really happy with how it turned out. I'll be sure to be better about that in the future.

~Blaze

Good old Alial said...

hey blaze! and hey to everyone of my other friends on wiz101 i would come on and say hi my self but u kno kyle and wanting his pets and stuff he really wants so he always on. i dont play wiz101 anymore sry. dnt remove though ;D. lol i typed this on my ps3 so it took mre long time to type

Âlëx said...

AWESOME!!! like two post ago u said u love graphic design ... did i spell that right??? i like graphic design my older bro was going to try it but that didnt happen. believe me i wont get anywhere either. i just like art lol XD

Kyle Legendflame said...

Blaze I'm already a higher lvl than you, you should get on fast before i get to legendary before you XD actually I'm only one lvl above you XD

Natalie Crowshard said...

That's an awesome banner! It definitely deserved to be entered :( How is the music contest coming?