Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Awesome Sauce-erer's 50th Post Anniversary

"x Gasp! x Blaze, did you just say that this is your 50th post already?"

Yes, inquiring reader, I did.

I'm very excited that I've come this far in the blogosphere, as Friendly calls it. In honor of this huge milestone, I'm going to do something that I've wanted to do since I started, but had no idea how to until a few nights ago, when I received an e-mail from Friendly, explaining how. The second after this post is published, there will be a hit counter on this very blog.

Isn't that exciting?

Well, I think it is. (I doubt I'll catch up to Friendly any time soon, though ;D [No, I don't want you to spam the refresh button. +10 Brownie Points for thinking of it though ;D])

Which brings me to today's question. (Which ties in perfectly with today's post, as it's a very fun topic.) I received an e-mail from Ronan Ravenshard 3 days ago, so here we go.

Hi Blaze! First off, let me say this. Your blog is awesome, and funny! Now, the question.I see you mention "Brownie Points" on your blog. What are they?If they're for a contest for whoever has the most brownie points, I want some :D.Thanks for your time! :D

Ok, Ronan. It all started when I was on the computer one day, a little after the beginning of the school year. I was on some forum. (I'm not quite sure what for. I think it might of been a W101 blog actually. Oh well.) Anyway, someone commented in reply to someone else, and "gave them brownie points because they asked a good question or gave a good answer or something like that. The following day, I made a "Brownie Points Chart" and brought it to school. I would give out brownie points at lunch to my friends for doing something nice for someone, or just being a good friend that day. I eventually ran out of time to keep counting up the insane amount of points that I was giving out, and just stopped giving them out. (I'm going to try and bring it back for the last week of school.)

So now that I have a blog, I give out brownie points for doing something cool, asking a great question or finding out info about the game, etc. I'm not keeping track of all the points for the readers. I guess you could say that I'm keeping it on the honor system.

I hope this answers your question, Ronan. Thanks for asking.

My next topic today is the glitch that has been happening recently for a lot of players. Let's bring out the Glitch Dog for the first time on my blog.


Yup, he's the cutest little dog in the Spiral. (He's actually Friendly's, but I don't think he'll mind if I borrow him for a bit.)

Ok, I'm calling this huge event, "The Item Hurricane." Ok, so on Sunday, I noticed that Chester (My chestnut pony. You all should know him by now.) wasn't in my backpack. I panicked. I checked my bank. Nothing. I started crying. I've grown so close to Chester, over the half a year (Estimate) that I've had him with me.

"Blaze, he's just a virtual horse."

I understand that, but when you have something for such a long time, name it, and everything, you fall in love with it, making it nearly impossible to see it gone.

I quickly logged off the game, and logged back in, figuring this would fix the problem and everything would be fine. WRONG! He was still gone. I tried again. Nope, still gone. I then proceeded to e-mail the awesomesauce people over at KI.

They then asked me what I had lost, when I bought him, what happened, blah blah blah. I won't bore you with the e-mail I sent them and all that.

The next day I went on, and all my pets were gone except for Princess Roxy, who was equipped. That means I had lost:

  • Mister Maximus (My first and favorite pet.) - Blue Cyclops
  • Mister Tyson - Storm Hound (From Mali's chest, trying to get my robes.)
  • Lady Dexter - Ninja Pig (Purchased) (+20 Brownie Points if you caught the Friendly reference.)
  • Romeo - Cupig (From Valentina Heartsong)
  • Chico - Krokomummy (Purchased)
  • King Marley - Danger Hound (W101 Central Facebook Contest)
  • Miss Champ - Piggle (Pet Pavilion quest line)

I e-mailed them again, and let them know about this huge loss also.

The other day, they e-mailed all the players who had lost items in this mess up, and told us that they are in the process of fixing it all and retrieving our hard-earned items.

The peculiar thing about this glitch though, is that it only affected some players, and only mounts and pets. Another thing that I noticed was that new items, that I didn't remember purchasing were in my inventory. (Pet treats after Chester, and a DS item after my pets had been lost.) Of course, I just realized that these items were probably items that I got from enemy / boss drops. I: Silly silly Blaze.

I hope that this event did not affect any of you, and if it did, I wish you the best of luck getting those items back, as soon as possible.

Ok, it's time for me to go to bed now. (It's been a long day today.) So, I wish you all a good night, and I hope you've all enjoyed my blog so far, and the next 50 posts even more.

Happy Gaming

5 comments:

Victoria Spiritblossom said...

Gratz on the 50th post! I found another side to this glitch. Not only were some people missing items, but others (including me) had quests reset. Let's say you had finished a dungeon over the weekend (Big Ben, which i did) and then you log on Tuesday and it still says you have to do it. Oh well.

Ronan said...

Brownie Points ftw ;D

I have 30 brownie points!

Thinking of spamming the refresh (wink wink)

Friendly Reference.


You seem to be quiete a fan of friendly. You are now the honorary 3rd biggest friendly fan. Welcome to the fan!

(I'm first of course, even friendly himself agrees :D)

Would you wanna meet up some time in game?

1Mudkip88 said...

@Victoria Thank you very much! That soaks about the quests. I don't think that happened to me, and I hope not.

@Ronan Congrats on the Bp's! And yes, I am pretty big fan of Friendly's (And he seems to be a fan of mine to, which is SUPER-CRAZY-MEGA-AWESOMESAUCE! [I made a big post on us meeting up in-game it's called "Best Day Ever" I believe.])

I'd love to meet in-game. It's so exciting that I'm getting so in-touch with my devoted fans.

-----
Thanks guys.

~Blaze

BOOKLOVER* said...

Hey blazi... nice posts,and congratulations on your 50th:D! i a online and i hope yo join me...i miss you :'(

P. S. i have an idea of what our song can be...wat bout "whatdaya want fom me"..?
*EJN*(a.k.a. BOOKLOVER!*)

Alyssa griffinrider said...

Hi blaze sorry for your loss of pets :( but i got lucky ( as usual ) and i didnt lose anything xD anyway congrats on 50th post :D cya laterz