Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Warehouse Frustration

I started the Celestia pre-quests yesterday and made it to the Warehouse. Man is that tough.

Here's how it all went down with a Life, Fire, Storm, Balance (that's me,) and Death.

First Try:
Made it to the top, no problem. Got both rats down. Our Storm loses connection. We're destroyed by Estrakir's beefed up Fire Nova.

Second Try:
Our healer has to leave. Called on Angel Dragongem. He doesn't have the quest so he goes on his death alt, Talon Spiritthief. We make it to the top at full health. Get both rats. Get Knuckles. Our attacker, Jacob (Storm) is killed by Estrakir's Scarecrow. He heals and re-enters. Estrakir only has a thousand or so left. Long story short, scarecrow every other turn stinks, and our last wizard (Fire) didn't hold out until we got back up to the top.

Third Try:
The dungeon hasn't reset so we can start at the top every time now. Yay. (Or not!) We get the Rat Illusionists and Knuckles McCloud down very quickly. We get Estrakir down to maybe 500 health. I'm so pumped, ready to finally scream uncensored words at Estrakir in our victory, when out of nowhere. Estrakir casts a Fire Dragon, killing us all. I then start crying.

Fourth Try:
We're all pretty annoyed by now. But, we think we can handle it without a Theurgist (Life student.) We were oh so wrong. Pretty much the same thing happens as last time. We get so close, and someone dies before we can make it back up to the top again. Turns out it was me. Our Fire was the only one up there, while we were healing, getting ready to say goodbye to that Shadow Weaver for good. I ran as fast as I could to the last floor. When I got there, all the enemies were standing around (laughing at our defeat) and Wolf (our Fire) was gone.

Fifth Try:
I'm just rocking back and forth in a ball, saying to myself "Power Nova,...Scarecrow,...Fire Dragon,...it's just not fair,...just not fair." as I'm just sobbing, tears streaming down my face. Wolf was just standing in Reagents Square (the Marleybone Commons) not saying anything. We figured he got disconnected, or something. Jacob, Talon, and I were on the top floor, and we painfully entered the next battle. Talon persuaded me to buy a Life Henchman, so we had a healer of some sort, (other than Wolf and Talon's occasional satyrs. After which Knuckles would Rebirth.) Jacob didn't think that was such a good idea, because we would have a harder time with someone we couldn't communicate with. (I don't know how Menu Chatters would be able to do this... x shudder x) Once we got one rat down, and we were down to 3-400 health each, (except Stefan Greenspirit of course, cause no one cares about the npc,) I just said, well, use your imaginations, and hit Flee, and then inevitably Quit.

My mom says I'm not allowed to go on Wizard101 today because it upset me far too much yesterday.

I just wanted to say how completely unfair I think this place is, and I want to hear what you guys think of it.

Happy Gaming (Unless you're in the Warehouse.)

6 comments:

Heather Raven said...

It was evil. The only way I got through it was with a trained guide (Kevin BattleBlood) stepping me through, even then I got really nervous.

What I think of the tower is its okay until the last boss. I think that maybe he's too hard. Definatley too hard for younger kids. My little bro would get so frustrated if he was trying to do this by himself.

It also seems like a lot of work for just a game...

I'm sorry you're having such a bad time with it. But you can figure it out and you can get through it. :)

M.W.S said...

I suggest do it with bloggers-wizard101 here's a Warehouse Guide W101 Central: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81245

Anonymous said...

Yeeps, I know, I've lost up there 3 times. The only possible way I'll ever beat it is w/ Kevin Battleblood, maybe you can enlist his health. One time in PVP like a year ago on my Ice guy I lost 5 straight matches SO close! So then I got really upset and, long story short, logged off for a day then won my next match the next day :). Hope you beat the place someday! ( As you know, it's optional so don't get too upset @the warehouse and you can buy the dropped gear @the bazaar :).

1Mudkip88 said...

Thanks for such quick responses, guys. I really appreciate it. I think the only way I'll get through it is with experts like Kevin. Hehe. Checked out the thread. Seems we forgot to be ready to kill Estrakir right after Knuckles. Oops. Hehe. I might call on M4H over at the central if Kevin feels he doesn't wanna do this, which I would completely understand.

Elijah Stormheart said...

I think that Warehouse is a bit too complicated.
However, I think they should do these things instead of cheating bosses.
1. Take away blades and traps.
2. Lessen power pip chances.
3. Make monsters not do seventh spells and cheat on turns.
Wouldn't you think this would be a lot more livable instead of just doing things a certain way? I think so.

sItHeR said...

wow o: ... poor blaze and his friends ... ... DONT ASK ME TO HELP YOU WITH THAT XD eh i cant even go to the warehouse o well xD