Search This Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Complexity

Hey, today Friendly wrote a very insightful post on the complexity of Wizard101.

http://thefriendlynecromancer.blogspot.com/2010/04/complexity-getting-nearer-to-root-of.html

I can definitely agree with what he is saying. Dragonspyre really felt a little too easy. I mean it was the final main-story world. It was supposed to be in ruins, it should have been a lot more complicated to get through, and maze-like. Like in Marleybone. x shudders x Once I finish the side quests I missed, I'm never going back to MB. I really hated it. But, that's beside the point. I felt really lost at times and actually forgot I had a map. Like Dora would say: "Who do we ask, when we don't know which way to go?" Silly Dora, maps are for kids!

Anyway, I think Dragonspyre really should've been more complex, and hopefull Celestia will make up for that. I agree, the quest helper is VERY useful at times, but we, as wizards, need to learn to explore more. Yes, Zeke is definitely helping us with that, but I think it needs to be incorporated more into the core-game.

At one point in Dragonspyre, right after completing The Crucible, I said out loud "That's it?" I really thought it was far too little quests for just one area. Not to mention a HUGE area.

I think that Celestia shouldn't just be a silly little 3-3 world like DS. There was far more they could do with it. It's a shame they can't take it back, like Friendly talked about. (If you don't know what a 3-3 world is, I believe Friendly's diagrams will help you out.)

Hopefully KingsIsle won't dissapoint with the release of Celestia.

Happy Gaming

5 comments:

Alyssa Griffinrider said...

hi blaze, i would think that they should make things more complex but i cant really go to those places. but other then that i agree with you. xD
lissy g :D

1Mudkip88 said...

I wish you and Emily could. You'd be able to fight alongside the greatest sorcerer there ever was (me?).

I really wish there was some way I could buy you guys a lifetime supply of crowns. You both definitely deserve it.

~Blaze

Alyssa Griffinrider said...

Aw blaze that so nice. xD You would so be the greatest wizard of all. :)
Lissy G :D

Emily GirffinRider :D said...

are you kidding me alyssa he IS the greatest wizard of all
ALL BOW DOWN TO BLAZI!!!!!!!!
xDanyway, i agree and i do to wish that i could battle with you( what an honor :P)
xD laterz
*EJN*

Emily GriffinRider :D said...

alyssa srsly do you hear yourself: he would go be the greatest wizard

DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF HE IS!!!!!!!
there is no would gosh :P