Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Monitor, New Friend

Hey, so today, when I got home from school (No homework AGAIN! Isn't that so awesome?!?!) I turned my computer on so I could do all the stuff I do everyday before playing Wizard101. My monitor goes on normally, then everything is an extremely dark shade, like if someone put, well I'll use photoshop talk here, a layer filled with black over the image, and had it on a very high opacity, so you could barely see.

It was very weird. I mean, recently my monitor flashed a slightsly darker shade, but this was far worse than that. So, I was able to stumble around and find my virus scanner, and start a scan. I called my dad at work, and he said to just turn the monitor off until he got home. Obviously I listened to my dad, the computer EXPERT!

When he got home, he looked at it, and he said nothing seemed wrong with the computer, and the virus scan came up negative. So, he brought up a spare monitor from downstairs and we plugged that in, and my computer worked fine.

Luckily I had a new monitor that I got for my birthday last year (actually maybe it was Christmas. It's hard to remember, they're both really close together, as you might already know.) So, we hooked it up, and we're getting rid of the old one. This one is probably twice the size, and it even has a t.v. setting! The picture is a lot better. I have yet to try Wizard101 but, I'm sure it will be EPIC!

That's really all the news there is today, other than the fact that Friendly is having a crown contest. (Check out his blog, it's the most recent post as of now.) Also, I'm like best friends with his daughter (she goes by boogiewoman) whom I met on Moshi Monsters. (I'll add the link to the sidebar.)

Happy Gaming

1 comment:

Mama II said...

Hey Blaze,
So glad you were able to use the new monitor! Happy 14th Birthday!!! Being the youngest, spoiled child that I was....it's always nice to have something new and shiny....especially when it's bigger and better than the last....whatever that may be! Sometimes when you get something new....and you don't really need it at the time....when you do....soooooo glad it's there!!
Good thing your dad is the computer guru....he always knows what to do! Your mom is smart too...you all are...that's a good thing!
Did you get to play Wizard on the new screen yet...when you do...let me know how it was...I'd love to hear about it!
Time for sleep.....one of the longest days ever.
love, mama II